Monday 4 November 2019

Christmas Card using up Scraps

Hi!

Sorry for being absent from my blog for so long, I've had my hands full making wedding stationery for 4 of my nieces & nephews who are getting married over the next 8 months! Busy but exciting times!

I've had a request for a tutorial for a card I made last year, so I thought I'd come on & do that here. It's an idea I got from another Stampin' Up! demonstrator, but I can't now remember who that was, so my apologies,  if it was you!

It's a good card for using up scraps of paper left over from making other cards - in fact I think that was why I made it last year! Unfortunately the papers I used (Joyous Noel) are no longer available, but I think it would look great with any of our papers.

The greeting was from the (now retired) stamp set Peaceful Noel. I f you haven't got that stamp set, then the 'Merry Christmas' greeting from Perfectly Plaid would look great.

The panel for the card was made up as follows:-

Shaded Spruce cardstock - 4 7/8" x 3 5/8" (13.5 cm x 9.5 cm)
Copper Foil card.             - 4 3/4" x 3 1/2" ( 13 cm  x   9 cm )
4 strips of DSP                 - 1 1/8" x 3 3/8" (  3 cm   x  8.5 cm)

I spaced the strips of DSP evenly on to the piece of foil card, by starting with the edge pieces. That way you can make sure you have the same amount of foil showing to the top, bottom & side. Then add in the centre pieces evenly spaced, and mount the foil centrally on the shaded spruce card mat.

Wrap a length of ribbon around the centre of the panel and attach on the reverse, then mount the panel centrally on a card base - I used half an A4 sheet of Merry Merlot, scored & folded in half.

For the topper, I stamped the greeting centrally on a piece of whisper white, cut out using the 5th largest of the layering ovals dies, and mounted that on a piece of copper foil card cut using the 4th largest scalloped die from the same set.

Hope you like it.

Thanks for stopping by

Jane x

                                                                              


No comments:

Post a Comment