Friday 12 April 2019

My Swaps for On Stage



Twice a year, Stampin' Up! runs a conference for it's demonstrators, called On Stage. It's always a fabulous event, with training, new catalogues, lots of free goodies & loads of fun. Our next one is tomorrow! I can't wait!

If you'd like to come along to one of our events, then why not join my team. It costs £99 to join, and for this you get a starter kit containing £130 worth of products of your choice, along with a business starter kit. Whether you choose to make your hobby into a business, or just stay as a hobby demonstrator, you will then get discount on all future purchases, early access to new products, and the option to attend our On Stage events.

We have a wonderful tradition at our on stage events, called Swapping!  You make multiples of one project, and swap them with other demonstrators for one of their project. The idea being to come away with lots of wonderful ideas for future projects.

The only real rule is that it must be current (not retired) product. So you can make as many or as few as you want, and if you have time to swap them all, you'll come away with that many different projects to get ideas from.

This time, I've made cards designed around the Garden Impressions DSP. A pack of this 6" x 6" DSP has 48 sheets, 4 each of 12 double sided designs (so 24 designs in total) and these cards use less than a quarter of a sheet each, so you could get nearly 200 of these cards from one pack!

I've picked 12 of the designs for my cards, and made 5 of each as swaps, but I've also made an extra set of 12 for my own use & made a pretty box to keep them in.

They were very easy to make. They only took me a couple of days to make them all!


Hope you like them

Thanks for popping by

Jane

Instructions:

Card Base Whisper White or Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock. 7 3/4" x 3 7/8" (9.9cm x 19.8cm) you can get 3 of these from each sheet of A4 Cardstock.

Score on the long side at 3 7/8" (9.9cm)

Turn the card over and score on the long side at 1/4", 1/2", 3 3/8", 3 5/8"  (0.6cm, 1.2cm, 8.5cm. 9.1cm)

Turn to the short side, with your scoring all in the top half. Score at  1/4", 1/2", 3 3/8", 3 5/8"  (0.6cm, 1.2cm, 8.5cm. 9.1cm) again.

Fold and burnish on the first score line you did. This should give you a 3 7/8" square card base with an embossed detail on the front.

For the Frames I used the largest, and second largest squares from the Stitched Shapes Framelits, nested inside one another. This also had the advantage of leaving me with a stitched square piece ready to use on another project.

I adhered the frame onto a 2 1/2"  (6.3cm) square of the DSP, and then adhered that onto the centre of the front of my card.

I stamped the butterflies, using Memento tuxedo black ink, onto coloured Cardstock, then punched them out using the matching butterfly punch from the same bundle. I shaped the wings slightly with my bone folder, then applied a darker shade of ink to the edges of the wings using a sponge dauber.


Product List






No comments:

Post a Comment