Wednesday 3 April 2019

Colour Challenge Daisy Card

This is a card I made recently for a challenge set by fellow demonstrators Ruth Trice (Artful Stampin’) & Esther Howard (Stampin’ Star Creations) They randomly picked 3 colours for me to use, 1 extra item & a letter for me to use to pick a stamp set.

I was VERY lucky with the random selections they made! They chose Night of Navy, Mango Melody & Highland Heather for my colours & punches as my ‘extra’. When I counted across my stamp sets to find the one they’d chosen, it turned out to be Daisy Delight, which fitted perfectly with the ‘extra’ being punches!

I decided to do a sponged background, using Mango Melody towards the centre, then adding in Highland Heather towards the edges, and finally a little bit of Night of Navy in the corners and around the outer edge, to give it a bit more depth.

I stamped the stem in Night of Navy, then stamped the sentiment by masking off the stamp with washi tape so that I could stamp the 2 words individually.

I mounted the background piece on a mat of Mango Melody cardstock, and mounted that on a Highland Heather cardbase.

I stamped the large daisy 3 times, using Mango Melody ink on Mango Melody cardstock, and punched them out using the matching daisy punch. After curling all the petals slightly with my bone folder, I layered the daisies, slightly offsetting the layers, to create a fuller look to the flower. I finished off the flower with a Night of Navy 1/2” circle for the centre.

I decided that the flower needed more Navy to make it ‘pop’, so I punched lots of leaves from Night of Navy cardstock, using the leaf punch. I also used tweezers to add texture to the leaves, by gripping each leaf along the centre with the tweezers, and twisting slightly (a technique I learnt from Ruth’s videos)

I love the final look and really enjoyed the challenge! I might have to try out a few more challenges!

Thanks for popping by!

Jane

Product List



No comments:

Post a Comment