Friday 19 April 2019

Fold Flat Handbag Favours



These little bags were my table gifts for On Stage. As they were a little bit more special than my regular swaps, I just gave them to the lovely ladies I shared a table with for the day.

This is an example of a great technique which allows you to store the bags flat until you need them. By changing the paper used, and the greeting, they'd make great table favours, for almost any occasion.

Mine held 6 mini Easter eggs, as On Stage was 1 week before Easter, but I'm sure you could think of all sorts of things that they could be used for. I used 6" square paper, I'd recommend using imperial measurements as they are easier, but I've included the metric equivalent for completeness.

They are very easy to make & very easy to adapt to almost any size .... provided your paper is big enough!!

Hope you like them

Thanks for popping by

Jane

Instructions:

All you need is a 6" (15.2 cm) square of designer series paper,
                     and 2 lengths of ribbon approximately 6" (15cm) in length.


On one side of your DSP, score at 1 1/2" & 4 1/2"  (3.8cm, 11.4cm)

Turn your DSP through 90 degrees & score at 2 1/2", 3 1/2" (6.3cm, 8.9cm)

Fold & burnish your score lines. Be careful when folding to make sure your folds are straight, and don't over burnish as DSP isn't as strong as cardstock.

Fold your 1 1/2" (3.8cm) sides in to meet in the middle. Your project should now measure 3" x 6" (7.6cm x 15.2cm)

Hold the project in the top left corner, with one hand. With your other hand, put your finger under the flap in the centre. Pull it back, until the score line immediately to the left of your finger lines up with the vertical score line to your left. This should form a diagonal crease which goes from the middle of one side of your bag to the bottom corner. Burnish your new crease.

Repeat this technique for all 4 corners of your bag.

Your project should now look something like this.




Unfold your project, and attach your ribbons to the centre panels, one ribbon for each end, and positioned about 1/4" in from your score lines (I used Tear & Tape for mine). If you look carefully at the photo above you can see my ribbons!

Now glue down your panels (I used wet glue) making sure to not get any glue between the diagonal folds. In the photo above I have glued my panels down, so hopefully you can see the section you don't want glue on!

To finish the bags, I used a Velcro dot positioned near the top as a fastening, and added a sentiment from the Sweetest Thing stamp set, stamped on Whisper White, cut with the smallest layering oval die, and mounted on a piece of cardstock cut using the corresponding scalloped oval from the same set.

Product List







No comments:

Post a Comment