Friday 10 July 2020

Pop Up Vase Card Using Magnolia Memory Dies




Today, I have an updated version of an old card to show you. I made the original in a class I attended, run by my friend and mentor Tracey Allen of Stamp & Scrap UK. It was one of the first Stampin' Up! cards I ever made!

This time I've used the Magnolia Lane suite. I love the colour combination of Mossy Meadow & Petal Pink! Unfortunately the papers are now retired, but I think it would look lovely in the Peony Garden DSP which is in the new Annual catalogue.

My flowers were cut using the Magnolia memory dies, and I also used a die cut from the Forever Flourishing dies to add some greenery. 

The greetings were from the Peaceful Moments stamp set, and mounted onto a die cut from the Painted Labels dies.


Hope You Like it

Thanks for stopping by

Jane x





Measurements:

Card Base is 1/2 a sheet of Petal Pink A4 folded in half.

Card front:                 DSP: 3 of 3 3/4" x 1 11/16" (9.5cm x 4cm)
Mossy Meadow cardstock: 3 of 3 7/8" x 1 13/16" (10cm x 4.5cm)

Inside: Mossy Meadow Cardstock: 3 5/8" x 5 3/8" (9.5cm x 14cm)
             Whisper White Cardstock: 3 3/8" x 5 1/8" (8.5cm x 13cm)

You will also need 
DSP 2 1/4" x 5" (6cm x 12.5cm) Score on short side @ 3/4", 1 1/2" (2cm,4cm)
                                                         and on long side @ 1" (2.5cm) from each end

1 piece Petal Pink Cardstock 2" x 1/2" (5cm x 1.5cm)

1 piece Petal Pink Cardstock 3 7/8" x 3/4" (10cm x 2cm) scored @ 3/8" (1cm)

Several strips of Mossy Meadow Cardstock 1/2" (1cm) wide and at least 4" (10cm) long








6 comments:

  1. Hello Jane. I found you via the SU! demo planning place and adore this pop vase card! Thank you so much for sharing on how to put this together. If you don't mind, I'm going to CASE it and definitely provide you the credit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im in the process of making this. You should know that an A4 paper is different in different parts of the world. I have adapted but it would help to give the base measurement. Going ok so far. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made 3 of these cards for Mother's Day I used the tulip set and they came out gorgeous. I cannot wait for the ladies to get them. Thanks so very much for sharing. I want to make one with the sunflowers for my cousin. Your directions were perfect. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour Jane , j'ai voulu faire cette très jolie carte mais il y a sûrement une erreur dans les mesures du dessus de la carte avec les 3 pièces de carton de feuillage sauvage et de dsp car 3 fois 3"7/8 ça donne au total 5" 7/16 et la carte de base fait 5"1/2 ; donc on ne peut pas laisser d'espace de 1/16" ou plus entre chaque rectangle . Ça prendrait une carte de base de 6" de hauteur pour que ça soit correcte. Pouvez-vous m'éclairer sur les mesures ? Merci

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonjour rectification de mon commentaire. C'est pas 3 7/8" mais
    1 13/16" que j'aurais dû écrire; 3 fois cette mesure ça donne 5 7/16" et si on laisse un espace de 1/16" ça n'entre pas dans la carte de base qui est de 5 1/2" .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everyone; this card is beautiful! I, too, had trouble with the measurements, though, as A4 is different in the U.S. It took me awhile, but I figured it out. Thanks for a great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete