Monday 8 June 2020

Sunset Card using Sailing Home Stamp set



Where do you get your inspiration from? For this card, I took inspiration from.a photo of a sunset at  Point of Ayr lighthouse on the North Coast of Wales, which I saw in a Facebook group! I could see straight away it would be easy to make a lovely card!

I masked off the top of the card using a post it note & worked on the bottom part first, using Crushed Curry, Terracotta Tile & Night of Navy to sponge the sea.

I then positioned a circle cut from another post it note, so that it was in the correct position for the light reflection that I'd already created & then repositioned my larger post it note to mask off the bottom half.

I then sponged the top half, finally removing the circle & sponged again with Crushed Curry, to give the Sun some colour.

I stamped the lighthouse from Sailing Home, and the strip of land from Waterfront in Memento Tuxedo Black. then coloured both in using a dark Stampin' Blends pen, to get the full silhouette effect.

I mounted the image on a piece of Night of Navy Cardstock to help frame it, and attached that to a card base made from Bumble Bee Cardstock.

Hope you like it!

Thanks for stopping by

Jane x




No comments:

Post a Comment